The project to create in Ukraine High Technologies Park BIONIC Hill was initiated in 2011 with the support of Kyiv City State Administration by UDP – leading real estate development and investment market in Ukraine.
Innovation Technopark BIONIC Hill is a unique platform, which create the most favorable environment for the effective management and development business in the field of high technology. The key innovation specializations Park are information and communication technologies, biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, energy efficiency and energy conservation.
The project concept
BIONIC Hill is an IT and hi-tech park located in a picturesque green area within Kyiv city limits.
A successful project uniting the frontiers of science with business and everyday life, respect and care for a unique and unspoiled slice of nature, an unprecedented standard of living and unrivalled chances for continual personal development – these are the main principles behind the BIONIC Hill concept.
BIONIC Hill Facts and Figures
· International project
· Tax and customs incentives
· Support of the State Agency for Investment and National Projects of Ukraine and the Kyiv City Administration
· Located in Kyiv
· “Countryside” setting
· “Live, work, learn, rest and play” concept
· “Science – Business – Education” synergy
· Office space rental considerably lower than in Kyiv
· Land area: 147 Ha
· Green area: 21 Ha
· Total floor area: over 900,000 m2
· Nearest railway station: 1.5 km
· Kyiv Ring Road: 2.5 km
· Kyiv Metro: 7.5 km
· City centre: 17 km
· Airport: 20 km
· Business Centres: 225,000 m2
· Research Centre and Specialised University 25,000 m2
· Hi-tech production facilities: 75,000 m2
· On-site hotel with conference facilities: 12,000 m2
· Flats and other housing: 230,000 m2
· Secondary school and kindergartens: 15,000 m2
· Trade and Entertainment Complex: 15,000 m2
· Fitness Centre with swimming pool: 3,000 m2
· Car parks (12,500 spaces)
· Work force of approx. 35,000
· Approx. 10,000 residents
· Approx. 2,000,000 people within 20 km
· Information and Communication Technologies
· Biotech and pharmaceuticals
· Energy efficiency and green energy solutions
The project provides significant benefits on a national scale: it will create up to 35,000 jobs, revenues innovative companies-residents of the park will be about $ 900 million a year, while exports of products with high added value will exceed $ 600 million per year.
In addition, it is expected that BIONIC Hill in Ukraine will attract foreign direct investment and the world’s best technologies provide a new level of international scientific and technical cooperation, provide incentives for the creation of innovation clusters in the areas of information, biotechnology, energy and other high-tech and provide a permanent source of revenue to the State Budget of Ukraine and local budgets.
Construction of the park begins in Q2 2013. Commissioning of the first phase of construction, including business centers, residential property and a number of social infrastructures is planned for Q1 2015.
Full completion of the Innovation Technopark BIONIC Hill is expected in 2020. In general, plans to build over 900 thousand m ² of objects of different functions.